While running your business & hearing new things about mobility on daily basis, you start thinking is my business requires a Mobile App? Really? I have my own online presence through the website, social media profiles, etc. Why should I care about mobility? My business doesn’t require a mobile app for further growth, I am okay with it? Sound similar?
The straight answer is partially right not every business require mobile app like we do require websites. But stats are still compelling us to think about the mobile app development.
True Facts about Mobile usage are
- 1. As of August 2017, there are over 3.5 billion unique mobile internet users. Source: Statista
- 2. Users spend on average 69% of their media time on smartphones. Source: comScore
- 3. Mobile devices will drive 80% of global internet usage. Source: Zenith
- 4. 50% of the time individuals spend on digital media is on mobile apps. Source: Comscore
- 5. There are about 8 million apps in the Google Play store, 2.2 million in the Apple App Store, 669K in the Windows Store, and 600K in the Amazon Appstore. Source: Statista
- 6. The total number of mobile app downloads in 2017 is 197 billion (a forecast). Source: Statista
- 7. The total number of iOS app downloads in 2016 was 25 billion. Source: App Annie
- 8. The total number of Android app downloads in 2016 was 90 billion. Source: App Annie
- 9. Despite the sea of choice for mobile apps available for both iOS and Android, in real life, people tend to use only a few on a daily basis. The average number of apps people use is 9 apps daily, and 30 apps monthly. Source: TechCrunch
- 10. Mobile websites get more visitors than native apps. But those people spend a lot less time on mobile websites than they do on apps. Source: comScore
- 11. Mobile is the dominant platform for searches, as 48% of the buyers use smartphones to start searching with a search engine. Source: Google Research
- 12. 69% of consumers worldwide between the ages of 18 and 39 use mobile devices to research products before they buy. Source: AUM Core
- 13. Google drives 96% of mobile search traffic, followed by Yahoo at 2% and Bing at 1%. Google Search is also one of the most popular mobile apps in the United States. Source: NetMarketShare
- 14. A “List of products” is the most important mobile website feature of local businesses, with “Opening hours” and “Price list” following closely after. Source: Statista
- 15. 78% of mobile searches for local business information result in a purchase. That’s higher than from any other kind of device. Source: comScore
After reading above stats your answer converts from Partially right to wrong, I am sure about this. Yes, Mobile is the future and a separate segment where you need to present in your customer smartphone to grow & brand your business. These numbers are increasing day by day, people feel comfort in browsing the internet through their mobile phones.
Now, The question is ” Is every business requires the mobile apps?”
Mobile apps do not work as a website to showcase the information about your business & app user start calling you if they are interested. Mobile apps are developed purposefully for some features or automation or customer engagement or productivity or communication.
What are the types of business which had significant benefits from the mobile apps these days?
- Food Service Business – TakeAway, Restaurants, Food Outlets, etc.
- MarketPlace Platforms – Where Service / Product provider companies list their services/products to sell to End Users. Like Amazon, eBay, TigerDirect, etc.
- Appointment Management – Businesses / Professional service providers who need to schedule the appointments to meet their customers Like Doctors, Lawyers, Architect, Professional Expert, etc.
- Fleet Management – Tracking Resources on roads, Track timing to improve efficiency.
- Real-estate businesses – List the details of their property to sell or rent with nearby commodities.
- Hotel Industry – List their rooms for travelers to search & book on the go.
- E-commerce Industry – Buy or Sell Services or Products via mobile apps.
- Business Automation – System development to manage business operations with more efficiency like Inventory Management, Resource Tracking, Field Filling, Banking, CRM on the Road, Fleet Management, etc.
- Show Case Business – jewelry, Antiques, Handicrafts, HandPaintings, etc.
- Startups – To cater particular industry with the fully automated system on mobile apps.
- And much more…
How Mobile App is different from the Mobile Responsive Websites?
- Mobile Responsive Websites is an easy way of the opening website on mobile internet browser but no one can spend a lot of time on a website due to the small size of smart devices.
- Mobile Apps are much faster than Mobile Responsive Websites.
- Send Push Notifications to the mobile app which has been seen on the home/lock screen of the Smartphone which takes better visibility than a website.
- Using of Hardware related analytics, We can code many different things as compared to websites such as Direct Camera access, GPS location of the app user, Fitness details through integrated chips & sensors in smartphone devices.
- Fewer competitors, Because when any body search for a website, it takes him to thousands of website to use from. But Mobile App case is different, Mostly when a user visits your website, business or some interest he downloaded your app, This App stays in the customer smartphones & User never has thousands of apps.
- Target users to open app by pushing push notifications, by sharing information, latest happenings, offers & discounts.
- You can develop easy to use apps which can also work without internet which is not a case with websites, Websites can’t run without the internet.
Still, you are not sure whether you have something where mobility can give you tremendous benefits, Just contact us at Native Mobile App Development Company
Or write to us at email@example.com