Wearable technology is one of the popular topics in the digital world. It is influencing the mind of each and every individual. Wearable Technology basically is a group of technology devices that are worn by a user directly as a fashion accessory or as a part of other materials such as clothing. These devices further connect to the internet directly or via a smartphone to carry-out several functions by exchanging data between the network and device. All these processes are carried out by applications that are fed into these devices which are called Wearable Apps. With the development of Apple Watch and Android wear, wearable technology has opened the doors for the App developers, entrepreneurs, and new start-ups. People nowadays are also open to acquiring new technologies emerging in the market for making their life easier. The wearable app is such a technology that is making the daily routine life of people more comfortable and easy-going. Wearable apps are intended to perform more distinctive and innovative functions. For example, activity tracker apps are meant for keeping track of the daily calories you burn using a watch.
Wearable Apps versus Smartphones
Wearable apps appear to be same as that of regular apps that are used in tablets and smartphones but they differ from smartphone apps in some ways as stated below:
- Interaction with the User: It is seen that wearable apps generally have very little or no interaction with the user as they work involuntarily gathering data and showing output. Some wearable apps need input from the user’s end. On the contrary, mobile apps are generally developed for user interactions.
- Functionality: The hardware of the wearable technology is small-sized and less powerful; therefore, there are few restrictions on the functional capabilities of a single wearable app on a device. On the other hand, smartphones have developed into quite advanced technology and so the apps have a lesser number of restrictions.
- The specificity of Device: Wearable apps make use of APIs specific to the device and therefore the same can’t be used on other devices or platforms. Mobile apps, on the other hand, are flexible to run on diverse models of mobile phones and tablets.
The development of wearable apps is the same as that of smartphone apps development. The only thing needed is an expert and experienced Wearable Mobile App Development Company having expertise in developing wearable apps.
Need for Wearable Apps and Devices
People are so busy in today’s fast running life that they need to track their daily activities in order to improve their lives. The wearable devices provide various services with the use of Internet of Things (IoT) and machine learning technologies. These wearable devices can exchange data among the device and network because of IoT. Almost all the industries from sports and fitness to fashion are making use of the wearable devices and wearable apps and its use are increasing day-by-day.
Wearable apps are smart and interactive devices. These are aimed at improving and enhancing daily routine activities and productivity. Some of the points that need to be considered by the Wearable App Development Company in India are as follows:
- Easily Accessible: The wearable app design and navigation must be simple and easy to access. There should be proper alignment of navigation, expression, transitions, and orientations. Functional dynamics should also run perfectly on a smartphone.
- Battery-Friendly: Many wearable apps are all good in terms of functionalities but the fact is that when it comes to battery life then the outcomes are not satisfactory. Useless features that put extra load on the app must be avoided as they consume more battery. Therefore, prior to building a wearable app, the point of keeping it light-weight as much as possible must be taken into consideration.
- User-interference: The size of the display should be considered while designing the wearable app in order to prevent the cluttering. For scoring a desired magnitude of engagement, substantiate with an outstanding user-interference for both, the Apple Watch and the Android wearable technology.
Few Applications of Wearable Devices
Wearable devices are useful for several industries:
- Sports: There are a variety of wearable devices available in the market when it comes to fitness such as wearable timers and sensors, trackers and assistants and many others which are very useful for the joggers or the sportsmen who are aimed at attaining their fitness goals.
- Communication: The Android Wear and Apple WatchKit smartwatches are providing the facility to answer calls and message from your wrist, and make it simple and instinctive with gesture recognition.
- Dieting: It is possible to keep track of the calories burned with the help of fitness trackers or Wristbands.
- Health and Wellness: The heart rate monitor is available in almost all contemporary smartwatches to sleep tracking is possible in all smart wristbands which help the users with a highly developed smart wake-up technology that gets used to the user’s sleep phases.
- Wireless Key: Wearable devices can also be used as a key for your smart car or home as they are always on your wrist.
- Expenditure Tracking and Wireless Payments: A wearable device like a smartwatch can help you check the balance of your credit card immediately just by a single click.